Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception

Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception - is a professional close up magician working for banquets, dinners, receptions, weddings, bar/batmitzvahs, private parties etc. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, she serves on their ruling Council and currently holds several posts. . Mandy is also a member of Equity and twice honoured with the Society of American Magicians' Presidential Citation.

Friday, June 02, 2006

THE WHERE, WHAT, WHO AND WHY OF ME!


This is my potted history - used as my original profile, you know the one that got lost in the ether! Thought I'd fill in the gaps:

I was born in London, the Middlesex Hospital to be precise, and grew up in Edgware, Middx. I have a brother who is 5 and 3/4 years younger than me because I was an ill child (you work it out - all I know was that I had to have an operation to bore a hole in my nose/head as the mucus was travelliing to the brain! Yeh, I know - it explains a lot, ha ha!) That is why parents put off having another child.

I went to an all boys' private school for the first three years of education; mum had been a teacher there when it was co-ed and it got sold after I'd been there a term but they agreed to keep me on. At seven years old I had a nervous breakdown and was off school for three months because of the pressures there; moved to another private school till I was eleven then to a girls' grammar.

I left school after A Levels to work on Horse & Hound, then Woman magazine. Got married too young and had child ten months later; he now lives with a wife in Phoenix, Arizona and I haven't heard from him for two years even though we were very close up until he left and we have never rowed or anything!

I divorced after 17 years of that marriage and lived alone for four before meeting Rob Cox, deputy head turned professional comedy magician; we've been together now since 1993. My dad died two months before that and my mum now has Alzheimer's and lives in a home in South London so I'm a carer as you never stop being one, even when they are in a home. She is very happy and so am I - with my life of magic and Rob and my friends who are so very supportive of me and everything I do.

I love my work as a close up magician; I enjoy meeting people, performing for them and their enjoyment and absolute wonder at the magic. I also love being involved with the Young Magicians Club and my work as both chairman and particularly as editor of their glossy magazine. That is very much a childhood dream come true for me - I wanted to be a journalist since the age of seven.

Anyway - now you have the background to me we can move forward. Catch ya later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home