Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception

Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception - is a professional close up magician working for banquets, dinners, receptions, weddings, bar/batmitzvahs, private parties etc. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, she serves on their ruling Council and currently holds several posts. . Mandy is also a member of Equity and twice honoured with the Society of American Magicians' Presidential Citation.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

TODAY WAS FOR YOU DAD!


My Dad was a wonderful man - everyone who knew him loved him. He had a huge love of magic and he and I used to watch all the programmes from David Nixon to Paul Daniels - but Dad's favourite magician was always Ali Bongo. Sadly my dad died two months before I met Rob - and subsequently Fay Presto who taught me to be a magician.

Almost fifteen years later I dedicate this day to my dad:

Today I was in a bookshop for the launch of the final Harry Potter; I ran two workshops together with Ali Bongo.
We taught magic to almost sixty children and had a great time.


Then, when I arrived home, I found a huge bouquet of flowers from - Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee to thank me for a small something I'd arranged for them last weekend.


My Dad would've been so proud... today I really really miss him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Sibley said...

How strange - and how true - it is of life that happiness and sadnesses so often collide head-on in our hearts and memories --- especially on the days when things go well for us...

Congratulations on those successes - and don't be too sure that your Dad doesn't know what you have achieved...

11:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home