Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception

Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception - is a professional close up magician working for banquets, dinners, receptions, weddings, bar/batmitzvahs, private parties etc. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, she serves on their ruling Council and currently holds several posts. . Mandy is also a member of Equity and twice honoured with the Society of American Magicians' Presidential Citation.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

DREAM COME TRUE - NEW YORK, NEW YORK!

It's certainly something to blog about - I finally made it to NYC with the amazing help of Margaret Steele who took me back to her home for a few days - from where I was able to commute to and from Grand Central Station which was an experience in itself. I won't write more - but one of the highlights was going to the top of the Empire State Building where I was able to take these photos so I'll keep quiet and let them talk for me instead:
The atmosphere was fabulous and there was hardly any problem with crowds after 9.30 or so at night - it just made the experience a whole lot better.
The one day photography class I took the weekend before the trip certainly helped too - in spite of learning that my one year old camera was, in fact, useless for the kinds of pictures I want to take - namely those of action (magic performances) in low light. Well at least these buildings weren't moving!
There are many more photos - but none that give such an overview of my trip. I met up with some incredible people too - see my FB page for those. So thanks go to Bruce, Arlene and Wendy Kalver who welcomed me into their home for so long; once more to Margaret Steele - and to Maggie, Alexis and John the Chiropractor who made my visit to Peekskill such an adventure, not forgetting the local rotary club. Then thanks to Jann Goodsell, Ed, Eric and, of course, Vinny who were all old friends that I met with once more; to Phil Levy and Mike Maione for a fabulous day's sightseeing; Roger Dreyer and Fantasma Magic - what a fortuitous arrival at the store; to Simon Lovell for being Simon - the one I know so well; to Rory Feldman on a horrendous day of torrential rain and flash floods who whisked me from the station in a cab for a deli lunch at Katz's and then to see his incredible Thurston collection, supper with him and Kara and transport back to my train. And finally thank you to all the members of the Advanced Toastmasters group - as well as the Warwick group whose pool party I invaded! On the Monday the advanced group had me evaluating a speech as well as delivering a table topic - whilst on the following day, thanks to Ed Sturka, I had to write and deliver a textbook speech whilst standing on a lanae (word of the day) by the poolside in competition with the sound of crickets, very vocal ones at that!
So that was my trip in a nutshell and I'll never forget it! I want to go back but ... things are never the same... who knows? After all three months ago I never dreamed.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home