Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception

Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception - is a professional close up magician working for banquets, dinners, receptions, weddings, bar/batmitzvahs, private parties etc. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, she serves on their ruling Council and currently holds several posts. . Mandy is also a member of Equity and twice honoured with the Society of American Magicians' Presidential Citation.

Monday, June 05, 2006

THE SHOW MUST GO ON; THE SHOW WENT ON; WE SHOWED 'EM!



Well, we're back from the golf club where we 'put on a show' and all went well. The figure raised for the Nightingale was £1000 so we're pleased with that.

Between 70 and 80 people were there; the supper was plentiful, the magic amazed them and Rob's cabaret reduced them to tears of laughter.

I enjoyed the evening on a personal level. Some of these people knew me as a married suburban housewife. They had viewed me with some suspicion 'Mandy does tricks now? She thinks she's a magician?' - you could read their thoughts as they said 'hello, long time no see'.

But the magic really blew them away and whenhttp:I finished at each table the attitude was so different from when I'd started, when I'd walked into the hall. By the time Rob had slaughtered them with his act they was a look of respect that had been lacking earlier. The director of the home came straight over to us to tell us how much he'd enjoyed us; no more slight nods as he races down the corridors in future, I bet he talks to me in the same way he does the relatives in the big cars!

I know it sounds daft, I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things - but gosh, it makes me feel good....

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Sibley said...

There you are! Knew you'd do it! Bet they have a different view of MAGIC, too!

7:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home