Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception

Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception - is a professional close up magician working for banquets, dinners, receptions, weddings, bar/batmitzvahs, private parties etc. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, she serves on their ruling Council and currently holds several posts. . Mandy is also a member of Equity and twice honoured with the Society of American Magicians' Presidential Citation.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

BRIAN'S BLOG-TAGGED ME!

It's all Brian Sibley's fault! He tagged me! Basically he 'tagged' several bloggers and we have to come up with five things that people don't know about us.

I have two problems with this:

First of all it's taken me several days to get blogger to let me in - I inadvertently changed to the new system and now, although it recognises all my passwords (two sets now), it doesn't let me actually type in the new post box. I can put in the title but then it won't let me into the dialogue area and freezes the browser! Well - I think I've fooled it now! I didn't put a title - but it could be that when I get to the end of this it won't publish it and all will be in vain. I shouldn't even be doing this as I've a magazine to produce by the end of the week and a new designer/printer to find by next month...

My other problem with being tagged? Well, Brian and his partner David are very good friends and I can't think of anything they doesn't know about me. Maybe that's something that people don't know about me:

THINGS PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME (1)

I don't hide anything - I can't! However I'm feeling at any time shows on my face and I share everything that happens in my life so there are NO SECRETS!

So this makes it all very difficult to find five things; I bet the rest of you have no trouble. I've thought and thought. Maybe I could list... no, Brian and David know that already. Maybe... no, they know that too.

So my list now reads:

THINGS OTHER PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME APART FROM BRIAN & DAVID - OH AND ROB, MY FIANCE (nos. 2 - 5):

2. I have a grown up son who lives in Arizona with a wife who is 3 weeks older than I am!

3. I used to drive a Volvo with a trailer on the back like a small caravan; it was my dad's and was hanging space for the dresses he sold in St. Albans market. I tell you this who have seen me park!!

4. I got the writing bug when I won a poetry competition in Princess comic. It got me £10/- (50p - there's age for you!) and it was reprinted in the local paper and the Jewish Chronicle - I was considered a writer of great humour!

5. My great uncle was a news editor for ITN and I visited their offices when they were in Kingsway and I met all the great newsreaders of their day, probably the first batch who had become household names.

Now I've written all of those boring things I can go and look at everyone else's as they'll be very interesting and make me want to change mine. Visit Brian's blog for the link to the others - i'm sure he'll post the link to his own on here so you can all go and enjoy.

PS - I've just wasted almost an hour trying to add photos to this blog and it won't let me!!!!

PPS - And now I have to blog-tag five people and I don't know how to do this. I don't even know five bloggers! I would like to tag John van der Put, Richard Pinner, Rob Cox.... but I guess they've already been tagged? If not - guys there are only three of you but you are 'it' now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Sibley said...

Well done! And in the face of what I'd describe as pretty overwhelming odds!!

1:03 am  
Blogger David Weeks said...

Hurrah. You made it! The photos of the mind are far more potent than any that you can publish!

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home