Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception

Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception - is a professional close up magician working for banquets, dinners, receptions, weddings, bar/batmitzvahs, private parties etc. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, she serves on their ruling Council and currently holds several posts. . Mandy is also a member of Equity and twice honoured with the Society of American Magicians' Presidential Citation.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

IF IN DOUBT - GO BLOGGING!

I shouldn't be blogging right now; I should be editing a magazine right now. But I'm stuck, well and truly so here I am instead!

You see.. it's like this...

Although I was delighted to get Photoshop elements for Christmas I am not so sure I am enjoying it now. I just can't get the damned thing to do what I whttp://www.blogger.com/ant - I've a book all about it but it only tells me how do do things I don't want to do or the obvious things I can do already.

What I wanted to do, why I wanted it in the first place, is to take a photo and cut round the subject so that it stands out better on a page. My designer/printer says it's very time consuming work and he isn't prepared to do it which I appreciate but I really wnat to do it myself.

I was shown how about four months ago but I have lost the knack and my head won't get around how it needs to be done. I can 'lasso' my subject but then what? If I make a new layer it still shows the background when the layer is opened although it doesn't show the background on the thumbnail - and when I try to use the eraser on the background nothing happens. I can't seem to get it right!

You really don't have a clue what I'm talking about have you? Well, to be honest, I don't think I have either!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Sibley said...

I'll say this, we never had any of these problems back in the days of the good old Box Brownie!

Point and CLICK! That was it!!

11:34 am  
Blogger Brian Sibley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home