Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception

Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception - is a professional close up magician working for banquets, dinners, receptions, weddings, bar/batmitzvahs, private parties etc. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, she serves on their ruling Council and currently holds several posts. . Mandy is also a member of Equity and twice honoured with the Society of American Magicians' Presidential Citation.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

THE IMPORTANCE OF NO IMPORTANCE

My friend Brian Sibley has tagged me! I have to come up with six things of no importance about me - and then tag six other people (and he's used up all the best ones!)

It's important that the things of no importance are important enough to be considered of no importance - surely it can't be six things of no importance that are so not important (yes I know but it fitted better!) that they are not important enough to even be here?

I could easily come up with six things such as:

1. I brushed my teeth this morning
2. I am sitting at this computer doing this instead of cleaning the kitchen
3. I feel peckish
4. My desk is a mess - as is my side of the office.
5. I want to link this to my web site and don't know how.
6. I having nothing to do on Easter Monday

Well - those are six things of no importance aren't they?

But they aren't six things of no importance that are important enough to warrant being in a list of six things of no importance... and I think that they need to be.

So let me think:

1. When I was eight I went to a fancy dress party and didn' t know it was a fancy dress party. I was teased so much that I took all my clothes off and said I'd come as Lady Godiva! I always make sure I'm in fancy dress if required now - in case the urge ever returned because now I'd definitely frighten the horses as my grandma used to say!

2. I bought a watch in a sale at the fashion department of Woman magazine where I worked. It had no winder (no batteries then) and I took it to the jeweller around the corner to have one fitted. He demanded to know how much I had paid and all I could say was 'not much' as i was embarrassed by the price - I should've confessed as it turned out the watch had no works in it at all! He thought I'd been well and truly 'done' but I had only paid 2p and I never told anyone that...

3. I learned ballet from the age of 2 and a half. I stopped when I was 11. When I took up tap as an adult my mum retorted: 'Well you were a fairy elephant when you were three so I don't think you will have changed much!' And I was very thin in those days too!

4. When I was told I had a baby brother I said: 'I'd rather have a poodle!' and when asked if I preferred the name Barry or Bradley for him I chose Barry... he was called Bradley, I think the rot set in then..)

5. The last present my mum ever bought me was a lilac and white teddy called 'Smiles'.

6. I won't be celebrating Passover this year as the kitchen is being decorated - bad timing!

So now I have to tag six people... who to tag?

Who reads this apart from me? I know - let's do it another way:

If you are reading this then you are tagged! :) So do your six things of unimportance about you and let me know! I can guarantee Mark Lee will read it and maybe Eudora and Suzanne - you know who you are!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian Sibley said...

Any photos of the Lady Godiva Act?? ;-)

4:01 pm  
Blogger Diva of Deception said...

Well.. no! :)

It was in the days before every seven or eight year old owned a camera or, at the very least, a camera phone.

I searched google for a suitable facsimile - but was thankful that there are no eight year old Godivas to be seen!

5:50 pm  
Blogger SharonM said...

I love the paper mountain photo - I find it both reassuring and comforting!

9:46 am  
Blogger Diva of Deception said...

it is completely amazing, Lisa, that you can find a photo on google of absolutely anthing:

Untidy office, untidy bedroom, dirty shoes - people have no shame!

But i was glad to learn the office thing isn't just me - I have two piles of things on the floor which are about to meet behind my chair and trap me!

Thanks for reading my efforts..

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home