Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception

Mandy Davis - Diva of Deception - is a professional close up magician working for banquets, dinners, receptions, weddings, bar/batmitzvahs, private parties etc. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, she serves on their ruling Council and currently holds several posts. . Mandy is also a member of Equity and twice honoured with the Society of American Magicians' Presidential Citation.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I have just had the most wonderful weekend at the International Magic Convention. I spent time just talking to loads and loads of people and having fun. The only thing I saw was the Saturday night gala show and it was sad that Jade's act was marred by sound problems although I'm told she gave a great performance the following night:



but the highlight, for me, was Voronin.

Although I took photos I just love the one he has given me of himself and Svetlana - yes, they are both there:



I had a nice natter with Derren Brown who told me he is very busy indeed - he and Guy Hollingworth were happy to pose for me:



















Another act I enjoyed was that of Francis Menotti whose thinking is so offbeat, using theatre to enhance his magic:

















II also discovered Switzerland's secret - award-winning magician Roland Meister whose charm and humour were gaining him admirers even though he didn't perform at the convention this year:



Sadly the only photo I got was obliterated by the Pizza Express menu!

This year's close up competition was won by Satori from Japan but Francis got a merit award as did Troy von Scheibner, an ex-member and former star of YMC.



So what did YOU do over the weekend?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Sibley said...

Didn't do anything as exciting as YOU! Glad you had a good time!

10:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home